Board Meeting Minutes

 

 2-28-17 SSOB BOARD MEETING MINUTES

LOCATION: NORCAL BREWING SOLUTION

MEETING CALLED TO ORDER: 1807

BOARD PRESENT: NEIL, ROBERT, VICTOR, ANALIA, SUE, JOHN, JOEY

TOPICS

  • MEETING CALL TO ORDER:1806
  • DISCUSSED ADAM NOT BEING ABLE TO ATTEND CLUB OR BOARD MEETINGS FOR A FEW MONTHS DUE TO BEING BUSY AT FINAL DRAFT
    • DISCUSSED WHAT THE BYLAWS SAY ABOUT THIS SITUATION
      • NEIL IS GOING TO FIND OUT IF ADAM IS GOING TO COMMIT TO COMING BACK ON 3/1/17 AND LET BOARD KNOW ON FACEBOOK
      • THE BOARD IN THE INTERIM APPOINTED JOEY TO TAKE OVER ACTIVITY DIRECTOR POSiTION SUBJECT TO MEMBERSHIP VOTE AT NEXT MEETING PER BYLAWS
  • BRING UP AT MEETING ON 3/1/17 IF WE ARE GOING TO PUSH BACK OR CANCEL THIRD FRIDAY ON 3/17/17 DUE TO BEING CLOSE TO ST PADDIES
  • DISCUSSED THE NEED FOR A CLUB MEMBERSHIP DUE INCREASE
    • DISCUSSED WHY WE NEED A RATE INCREASE
      • INFLATION
      • CELLAR MASTER TASTINGS
      • COVER COST F0R BEER BREW FOR EVENTS
      • COVER COSTS FOR NCHBF
      • -600.00 IN THE HOLE LAST YEAR MONEY BROUGHT IN VERSUS SPENT
      • CLUB SUPPLIES COSTS GO UP
      • MONEY BACK FROM NORCAL MORE THAT COVERS THE COST OF MEMBERSHIP
      • PROPOSED RATE INCREASE TO 36 PER INDIVIDUAL AND 54 PER COUPLE
      • PROPOSED START DATE IN APRIL 1ST
  • DISCUSSED NEED TO GET CHAIRPERSON FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
  • INCREASED CELLAR MASTER MONTHLY BUDGET $40
    • MOTION AND APPROVED UNANISMOUSLY
  • MEETING ADJOURNED: 1923

October 4th 2016

SHASTA SOCIETY OF HOMEBREWERS BOARD MEETING

Minutes

6:08 PM – 8:05 PM

NORCAL BREW SOLUTIONS

Meeting called by

Adam Ward

Type of meeting

Quarterly Board Meeting

Facilitator

Neil Peterson

Note taker

John Dotter

board member Attendees

Neil Peterson, Robert Anderson, Adam Ward, Bart Hauptman, Analia Bertucci, Victor Hynp, Joey Flores, John Dotter

board member NOT PRESENT

Sue Nickell

QUORUM

YES

Items Discussed

How ssob board should communicate

bart hauptman

Discussion

BART SUGGESTED BOARD SHOULD COMMUNICATE VIA CLUB EMAIL ADDRESS. ADAM MADE AN

ALTERNATE SUGGESTION THE CLUB SHOULD SET UP A CLOSED FACEBOOK GROUP TO ALLOW FOR EASIER

COMMUNICATION

Conclusions

BOARD DECIDED TO SET-UP A CLOSED FACEBOOK GROUP

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

SET UP A CLOSED FACEBOOK GROUP FOR BOARD MEMBERS

ROBERT ANDERSON

10/5/16

ACTIVITIES DIRECTOR PLANNING RESPONSIBILITIES

ADAM WARD

Discussion

SHOULD THE ACTIVITY DIRECTOR BE RESPONSIBLE FOR EVENTS FOR THE CALENDAR YEAR THEY ARE

ELECTED OR THE FISCAL YEAR. WAS DISCUSSED. ADAM PROPOSED FISCAL YEAR FROM OCT 2017 THROUGH OCT 2018.

VICTOR PROPOSED CALENDAR YEAR FROM DEC 17 THROUGH DEC 2018

Conclusions

MOTIONS WERE MADE FOR BOTH SUGGESTIONS. BOARD 1ST AND 2ND THE FISCAL YEAR

SUGGESTION AND MAJORITY VOTED FOR FISCAL YEAR. THE CALENDAR YEAR WAS MOTIONED BUT NO SECOND

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

INFORM CLUB THAT ACTIVITY DIRECTOR WILL ONLY PLAN EVENTS FOR

NEIL PETERSON

10/5/16

FISCAL YEAR THEY ARE ELECTED FOR

DISCUSSED THE NEED TO GET COMMITTEES INVOLVED IN EVENTS PLANNING

ADAM WARD

Discussion

THE TOPIC OF MAKING SURE THE COMMITTEES MEET ON REGULAR BASIS FOR PLANNING OF CLUB

EVENTS WERE BROUGHT UP. THE CONCERN BROUGHT UP WAS SOME EVENTS WERE BEING PLANNED WITHOUT EVER

HAVING ANY COMMITTEE MEETINGS. THIS DOES NOT PROMOTE CLUB INVOLVEMENT OR SENSE OF PARTICIPATION.

Conclusions

ADAM WARD WILL ANNOUNCE UPCOMING EVENTS AND MAKE SURE THE CHAIRS OF THE COMMITTEES

SCHEDULE MEETINGS AND INVITE ALL VOLUNTEERS TO ATTEND

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

INFORM CLUB OF UPCOMING EVENTS

ADAM WARD

10/5/16

SCHEDULE COMMITTEE MEETINGS

ADAM WARD

10/5/16

INFORMING CLUB OF BOARD MEMBERS DUTIES

JOEY FLORES

Discussion

THE BOARD NOW HAS TWO POSITIONS FILLED THAT HAVE NOT BEEN FILLED IN PAST, ACTIVITY

DIRECTOR AND PUBLIC RELATIONS DIRECTOR. IN THE PAST OTHER BOARD MEMBERS WOULD INFORMALLY MAKE UP

FOR NOT HAVING THESE POSITIONS FILLED. THE NEED TO LET THE CLUB KNOW WHO IS IN CHARGE OF WHAT WAS

DISCUSSED

Conclusions

AT THE NEXT CLUB MEETING THE BOARD WOULD LET THE CLUB KNOW EACH BOARD MEMBERS

DUTIES.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

INFORM CLUB OF BOARD MEMBERS DUTIES

BOARD MEMBERS

10/5/16

WHITEBOARD NEEDED FOR CLUB MEETINGS

ADAM WARD

Discussion

ADAM WARD BROUGHT UP SUGGESTION TO BUY A CLUB WHITE BOARD FOR USE IN GENERAL

MEETINGS. AT OTHER CLUBS HE HAS SEEN THEM USED TO POSTED BEERS BROUGHT TO MEETINGS AND USED FOR

EDUCATIONAL TOPICS BY PRESENTER.

Conclusions

BOARD AGREED THIS WAS GOOD IDEA. DECISION WAS MADE TO APPROVE PURCHASE OF WHITE

BOARD WITHOUT THE TREASURER PRESENT.

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

PURCHASE WHITE BOARD

DID NOT CHOOSE

?????

NOT READING PREVIOUS MINUTES AT CLUB MEETINGS

BOARD MEMBERS

Discussion

IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE WE HAVE ENOUGH TIME IN MEETING TO HAVE EDUCATION TOPICS THE

BOARD DISCUSSION WAYS TO SHORTEN GENERAL MEETING PORTION OF MEETING. NOT READING PREVIOUS MINUTES

WAS BROUGHT UP AS A WAY TO REDUCE THE GENERAL MEETING TIME AND ALLOW MORE TIME FOR EDUCATION.

Conclusions

THE BOARD MOTIONED TO POST MINUTES ON WEBSITE FOR REVIEW AND PASS A COPY OF MOST

RECENT MINUTES AROUND MEETING FOR MEMBER REVIEW. MOTION WAS 1ST AND 2ND AND UNANIMOUSLY APPROVED BY

BOARD

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

INFORM CLUB OF DECISION AND PASS MINUTES AROUND AT NEXT MEETING

ANALIA BERTUCCI (FILLING IN FOR JOHN DOTTER)

10/5/16

RAISING OF MEMBERSHIP DUES IN FISCAL YEAR 2017

BART HAUPTMAN

Discussion

BART DISCUSSED THE NEED TO RAISE OUR CLUB DUES. THEY HAVE BEEN THE SAME SINCE CLUB

INCEPTION. VICTOR BROUGHT UP THE NEED TO GET RID OF THE PRO-RATING OF DUES AND GO TO YEARLY

MEMBERSHIP DUE THAT COULD BE PAID ANYTIME. BOTH THESE ITEMS WOULD PROMOTE CLUB FINANCIAL HEALTH.

Conclusions

MOTION WAS MADE TO RAISE DUES OF SINGLE MEMBERSHIP TO $30 AND COUPLE TO $45 AND CHANGE

MEMBERSHIP DUES TO YEARLY JOIN ANYTIME AND GET RID OF PRORATE. MOTION WAS 1ST AND 2ND AND UNANIMOUSLY

APPROVED BY BOARD PENDING CLUB APPROVAL PER CONSTITUTION AND BYLAWS

Action items

Person responsible

Deadline

HAVE CLUB VOTE TO APPROVE DUES CHANGE

NEIL PETERSON

10/5/16

April 13th 2016

April  13,  2016  

Shasta  Society  of  Brewers  Board  of  Directors  Meeting  Location:  Woody’s  

Board  Members  in  Attendance:  Pres:  Neil  

VP:  Bart  

Treas/Membership:  Sue  Sec/News:  Carolyn    Cellarmaster:  Victor  Activities:  Tina  Newsletter:  Carolyn  Public  Re:  Adam  Webmaster:  Robert  

Club  members  present:  Joey  

Scott  

Meeting  began  at  6:08pm.  

Treas  report—Sue:    

We  made  $431.91  at  the  Oregon  St.  Gallery  event.  Carolyn  sent  a  thank  you  to  them.  (Financials  available  upon  request).  Regarding  our  tax  filing,  we  have  to  reapply  and  file  and  pay  $400.  We  will  file  as  a  non-­‐profit  social  club.  We  have  until  Aug  15  to  get  the  exemption  back  and  then  file  the  form.  Discussion  on  getting  a  serving  license  will  wait  until  we  get  reinstated.  

Scott:  Redding  Distributing  Open  House—They  will  need  a  booth  or  two  manned.  

The  club  will  pay  half,  and  NorCal  will  pay  for  half  the  brewing  ingredients,  and  Bart  will  brew.  The  finished  beer  will  be  used  at  a  future  SSOB  event.  Recommended  a  new  banner  with  the  facebook  logo  on  it.  He  recommended  member  volunteers  

wear  club  tee  shirts  and  membership  cards  on  lanyards.  

Activities,  Tina:  Tee  shirts—Discussed  the  colors,  quantities  and  styles.  She  will  order  very  soon  to  have  them  available  by  the  29th  for  the  open  house.  Approximate  cost  will  be  $800.  

Cedar  crest  brewery  tour—The  club  can  tour  any  time,  but  on  Sunday  6/18  they  may  have  a  comedy  night  and  we  can  get  discounts.  Adam  will  post  on  facebook.  Fair  Booth—will  not  be  manned.  

Pres,  Neil:  Off  Flavor  Tasting—after  discussion,  it  was  decided  that  the  cost  will  be  

$15  each,  and  you  must  be  a  member  to  participate.  It  was  clarified  that  pro-­‐rating  

memberships  is  only  available  to  brand-­‐new  members.    

VP,  Bart:  ribs  of  July—He  will  report  back  to  the  club  at  the  next  meeting  on  any  

details  he  finds  out.  

Redding  Beer  Week—question  posed  was,  Do  we  want  to  serve  our  own  beer  at  a  VIP  section  or  at  the  general  admission?  Decided  to  serve  our  beer  at  our  booth  for  general  admission.  Notice  will  go  to  the  club  to  brew  for  that  event.  NorCal  will  give  a  25%  discount  on  the  grain  bill  for  that.  

State  of  Jefferson”  Dunsmuir  Brewfest—Aug  6,  our  participation  is  still  on  hold  

until  we  get  more  information  from  Forrest.  

Webmstr,  Robert:  Boosting  our  Facebook  page—asked  for  a  budget  of  $30  to  boost  the  page  to  get  more  exposure  for  Big  Brew  Day.  That  was  agreed  upon.  Permission    was  also  give  to  make  publicly  available  news  and  information  that  is  appropriate.  

Next  Meeting  set  for  July  28th,  6pm.  

Adjourned  7:50pm  

Respectfully  submitted  Carolyn  Faubel  Secretary  

January 12th 2016

January 12, 2016 Shasta Society of Brewers Board of Directors Meeting Location: Woody’s

Board Members in Attendance:
Pres: Neil
VP: Bart
Treas/Membership: Sue
Sec: Carolyn (sub)
Cellarmaster: Victor
Activities: Tina
Newsletter: Carolyn

Club members present:
Corey
Adam
Scott
Robert

Meeting began at 6:01pm.
Canda had announced her resignation as secretary because they were moving. The board appointed Carolyn F. to fill the position.

Cellarmaster report—Victor:
He has not used much of the monthly budget in the form of reimbursement that he was allotted at the beginning of last year. He requested a board confirmation of the previous amount: $20 per month, which will carry over to the following months if not used. Neil motioned, Bart 2nd, Passed.

Events—Neil:
March: On March 12, the SSOB will hold an event called “Dark Brews Matter.” It will be held at NorCal from 11am to approx. 4pm. This event will be open only by invitation and for current (paid) members. It is intended to be in the same spirit as last year’s “Stoutfest,” but is open to a more varied selection of dark beers.

April: Neil wants to know the interest on doing an off-flavor tasting session. There was discussion on the previous session we had a couple years ago, and it was agreed that it would be more helpful if we had a smaller number of tastes to consider this time. It was decided to hold the event on April 20 at 6pm and charge $15 per head. Bart motioned, Victor 2nd, passed. Carolyn was requested to put out a preliminary email to gauge club interest.

May: Big Brew Day (AHA) will take place on its usual first Saturday in May, on the 7th. There will be a heffeweitzen brewing contest (brewing begins anytime after the Feb meeting) that club members will judge at the May membership meeting.

June: Shasta County Fair, Beer competition. Tina is the chairperson. She suggested that the club have a booth in the fair promoting homebrewing beer education and our club. The board is in favor of that. Bart asked about how the handling was for the beer submissions, and Tina said they were now more educated about that and did fine. She also said that the fair is the only agency that can receive and label the submissions, just like all the other fair entries.
Sue suggested that we provide more motivation for club members to enter their beers. Victor suggested the incentive of paying for the costs of the top three placers to enter their brew in the state fair. There was discussion on whether to pay for any winners or just our club members. Neil motioned that we cover those costs for any winners of the top three places. Bart 2nd, Passed.

July: Ribs of July. Bart has the contact information and will be seeing whether we can coordinate that with them this year.

August: Redding Beer Week. Neil asked about getting on the event list with a booth at the opening ceremonies. The board was interested in following up on that. Neil will be the event coordinator.
A week after Redding Beer Week is the Dunsmuir Beer Competition. They have asked us to participate in the event. Victor and Sue will be co-chairpersons on that.

September: The Northern California Homebrew Festival will be September 16-18. The Redding Beer and Wine Festival will be on the 17th. Scott will be the chairperson for that event.

Treasurer’s report: Sue said that she was working on our taxes, getting them caught up so we will be current. She is also getting our sales tax payments to a current status.

Public Relations: Adam expressed an interest in being on the board. The position of Public relations director was not filled at our last election, so the board appointed Adam to fill it. It was reminded that because it is an appointment, it will be nonvoting this year.
The next Board of Directors meeting is scheduled for April 13 at 6pm.

Meeting adjourned at 7:42pm

Respectfully submitted, Carolyn Faubel, Sec.

April 15th 2014

Open meeting at 6:18pm

Present:
Bart
Ami
John d
Carol f
Sue
Tina

Remind everyone of email address for board. Shastahomebrewers@ gmail.com
Bart wants to make sure everyone checks it regularly. This is more than checking email, checking google drive, calendar ect. Should be easy to check or create e mails. An announcement can be officially made through this email address. Discussion about emails sent to club. Bart wanted to make sure everyone knows how to check it and be able to check the google drive as well. He proceeded to explain for the board members. We then discussed making a group email contact to send an email to everyone, paid and non paid alike. Carolyn will be making a ” friends of SSOB” list and ssob are paid members will be separate.

Events limited amount to do well. Bart would like to make sure that these are know by board members. Also he would like these to be chaired in advance. Carolyn mentioned only doing events where we have support. Discussion ensued. Tina suggested we write down all events

Big brew
June fair- Tina
Ribs of July- chair needed
Redding. Beer and win fest normally in sept. May be in oct.- chair needed
Sept. Nor cal homebrew fest Bart
Nov. Teach a friend to homebrew Carolyn
Dec. Christmas party…chair needed

Tap into thehma
Dunsmuir fest

Send out email to try to get chairs for events left. Send around sign up sheets to get chairs for events. Disscussion about chairs for events. Plan is to send email before next meeting to get chairs into events before next meeting. We will then pass around a sign up sheet at next meeting if now one has volunteered. Booth at redding beer week…presence SSOB and nor cal homebrewing booth.

Bart asked about fliers or business cards for us to hand out. Tina will look for fliers to hand out.

Action item Tina will get hard copies ready for next meeting for sign ups and get it to Carolyn

Action item, Carolyn will get email sent out with all info. Regarding events and send before meeting.

Action item, Bart needs to get dates for all events. If by two months out we do not have a chair we will be canceling the event not chaired.

Action item john d. Will take responsibility to get e copies and drafts for business cards and fliers and bring to next general meeting. Blind tasting for club brew…writing down how we will judge them. Second half off meeting will be filling out bjcp judging of club brew.

New business

Bart brought up intrest of club to pay for and build jockey box. Bart would like the boards opinion on taking this on. John d. Updated us on research that he has done about jockey boxes. At events we may say we only serve 6 beers on tap. Talk about resurrecting our jockey box from last years nor cal homebrew fest. $150 to get a new freezer. First we will find someone willing to store it first. We need to figure out which event this 6 tap box will go to. Possibly the chair people for these events figuring this out.

Talk about raising money for club.

Talk ensued about what the tone of our club is. Brewing beer, social aspect, education, events…what is our focus? Discussion of this ensued

Sue asked about her membership duties.

Additional plan for general meetings, bjcp judging a commercially availed beer. Taste and fill out bjcp. Plus three master judges will fill out bjcp judging sheet. Participants will buy their own beer. Figuring out his this will work….

Close meeting at 7:58 pm

Jan 15, 2014

Ale house Redding, ca

Present:
Scott, w.
Carolyn f.
John d.
Bob b.
Bart and ami h.

Open meeting at 6:15pm

Presidents report: Bart’s job to uphold by laws. By laws were revised by Bob Bryson but not approved by members. By laws have no significant changed between original and revised. Bart asked bob for his input on differences. Main difference stated by bob is length. Old :11, pages, new:8 pages

Original by laws based upon maltose falcons brew club…oldest club in ca.
Revised Bylaws were reviewed by Eric and Jon Nagal. No final approval of these revised.

Bart motioned that we should abide by 2011 Bylaws because those are the only approved Bylaws, until the board has made any revisions and have reasons for those revisions and then the members have voted to revise.

Carolyn spoke of reading new by laws and only seeing improvements, mainly in written language. Carolyn had questions regarding why we have a “constitution and Bylaws”

John dotter gave us history on his help of the creation of constitution and Bylaws. The creation of our Bylaws were a hybrid of both maltose brew club and Chico brew club.

Scott agreed that we need to get a concrete set of Bylaws that we go by. This being said we at this time only have one set approved, that being original Bylaws from the creation of our club.

Cistronan program was proposed by Bob. To prepare and serve beers…bob proposed to have one. Program to be offered by club maybe. We decided to talk about this at another time.

Bart will operate by Bylaws until board comes up with proposed changes.

Bart wants get a committee to discuss change for Bylaws if so desired.

John dotter stated that To change Bylaws we have to follow the Bylaws that are set now. Two rights of the club members are to vote in a new board and vote upon proposed changes.

Carolyn volunteered to be chamber of the board to look over bobs drafts and see if we need to make any revisions. Bart’s asking Bob not be be apart of that board. Bart will be a part of this committee. john dotter volunteered to be a consultant for this committee or be willing discuss any impasse between Bart and Carolyn regarding revisions of Bylaws.

John motions to make Carolyn to head of chair. Bart and ami, second and third aye to this motion.

Bart thanked Carolyn for creating the google calendar and google email address. Shastahomebrewers@gmail.com. The whole board will have access the password to communicate. The board went into executive session to discuss this.

Bob rejoined the meeting at this time.

We spoke of Contacting date magazine and record searchlight…Carolyn will update the email. Bart went over not sending an email to membership every time we have a board meeting…it will be posted on the google calendar.

John suggested membership director call all members to see if they want to continue to join club.

Events:
Bob would like to mention getting a brewery to brew a batch of beer and interested members could buy 5-10 gallons.

March 15th st. Pattys brew day… Sat. At john Dotters. 9-5pm members only
Sevral brewing different styles…all grain, extract,

Food, desserts brought by embers nacho bar by host john. John will have some yeast starters to give to brewers. Musical, raffles…Tina to figure raffles. Designated driver. Rain or shine. Family friendly…make sure you are prepared. John will make write up.

Carolyn talked about recipes up on website.

Learn to homebrew day in nov.

Big brew day on May maybe to brew for RBWF

Sept. Nchbf or redding wine brew and wine fest.

Dec Christmas party

Getting a committee or chair together to figure these events out now and having a set number of events for our year.

John to list sponsored competion on gmail calendar.

First thing next meeting new tasting program will be introduced by John

John will be asking Tina to for reimbursement bjcp guy lines for $8 apiece

Bart motions that 10 bjcp guideline books be purchased… All four board members present vote aye. Submit to Tina for reimbursement

Importance should be placed on taking ownership of our events,…not pleasing public. Willing to say no to some events. Putting much energy into few events to make events great.

Carolyn feels that you should sign a waiver to not sue non profit club while at meetings.

Non profit status..bob will refile for that every year…limited liable organization.

Bart adjourned at 8:15pm

SSOB board meeting January 14th 2015

6:02 pm
Board members present:
Bart Hauptman
Ami Hauptman
Victor Hnyp
Sue nickel
Carolyn Faubel

Carolyn:
Carolyn asked if any board members have anything they would like to see on our website, to let her know. Board members stated they would like to see a marketplace for club merchandise on the website. Carolyn would like an updated list of merchandise prices. Bart said he would like our club to also possibly sell pint glasses with club logo.

Action item: Sue will check how much pint and half pint glasses would be

Action item:Victor has said that if we have sold any merchandise in 2014, we will need to pay sales tax by January 31st or we will have to pay a penalty.

Action item : secretary needs to send these minutes to missing board members.

Bart brought up the fact that we need to be changing any mail that comes to any board member, needs to be changed to the clubs PO BOX.

Victor was speaking of the fact that we as a club have no more marketing materials. We need to have some new business cards, pamphlets ect. Victor had the idea of stapling the clubs business card to the back of the true brew handbook that nor cal hombrew store sells

Action item: Carolyn will get a hold of john dotter to get a hold of the file to be able to update our flier. Carolyn will order these from vista print.

Bart brought up how we give officers reports each month, but giving them in a way that relates to our members. Such as giving a report to show how we are growing or slowing financially, in members ect. Discussion ensued….no conclusion.

We spoke of fundraising, specifically raffles. How would we garner more interest or pick up more donations. Victor has donated a homebrew kit to raffle off at big brew day. May 2nd

Talking to the membership to see what they would like to see in meetings, being welcome. Making an effort to take advantage of free things in the community to up our membership and make club events know in the community.

We talked about a stout fest the sat. Before st. Patrick’s day. Private event. Carolyn will decorate the store and will come up with a small budget for this. starting at noon. We will need to get the word out so ppl can brew ect. Victor will write up an invitation and print to give out at the store.evan can make a poster. Victor will buy an Irish combo pack of beer from Costco. Bart will work on getting a donation from Cbc of stout

Close meeting 7:27pm

SSOB Board Meeting Minutes March 2015
6:09 pm Board meeting meeting start

Board members present
Victor Hynp
Scott Wlodarczyk
Becki semb
Bart Hauptman
Ami Hauptman
Sue Nickell

Show and shine event at nor cal brewing solutions. Sorophtomist will have donated space in fron of store whether or not we as a club decide to participate.

Calender of rotating once a month or so for brewing at club members houses.

We spoke of having a directory of members emails who are open to having their emails published in a directory.
Action item: sign up for hosts, ami to bring to april meeting.

Big brew day discussion. Staffing for bouncy houses for day of event.
Corey will have some equipment to offer to help learn others learn to brew at this event.

Advertising: need to get everything about our event typed up to get into the paper. We will be featured in public television. We will have a flier at local businesses advertising this event. Pdf flier with big brew day pics from past events to post on our website and facebook.
Action item: Bart will contact results radio to get this event publicized.
Sue will let enjoy mag. Know of this event to be advertised.

Redding distributing will be making a generic banner and lawn signs for big brew day.

Victor has a converted keg available for anyone to use to brew at this event.

Club glasses will be sold for $4.00 now…see Sue Nickell.

Changing SSOB bank account to new treasurer. Tina Hynp and Becki Sembs name are on our account.
Action item: Becki will need check register for acct. from Tina ASAP. Becki will have discretion to open an account with a bank that will charge us as much a month as our current bank account.

Sue Nickell will need the key to PO box.

File cabinet to be purchased to keep club doc here at store.

Ribs of July event….Bart mentioned wanting to get this event going again.
Action item: Scott will make contact with a liaison. Discussion on how to close the gap between the two clubs. Invite out to grillers and smokers club to join our meeting.

Chico meeting 6 pm. will be on first Thursday of the month and the store will be willing to donate. Caravan open to club members who want to go and networking.Victor will : Find out where meeting is being held. Possibly next month to put this together.

Even would like to have another event in the summer like stout fest.
Announce Tom. That people should start brewing for these events.

7:22 pm meeting close

SSOB board meeting minutes July 2015
Board meeting minutes 6-30-15 meeting starts at 6:00 pm

Board members present:
Bart
Ami
Carolyn
Becki
Victor
Scott W

Scott w. Asked if Nor cal home would be hosting any homebrew contests. Victor said yes. They will be happening. People entering beer will need to be informed that we will be judging off the 2008 BJCP guidelines until October when new elections happen for our club. For the contestants, you will need to print out and have a BJCP tag, filled out with Catergory and subcategory. No entry fee with a cash prize. 3- 12 or 22 oz bottle. 11 am date Aug. 22. 15 th of Aug. is latest to submit beer at 6 pm. Redding beer week, pro am comp.Winner will brew at 15 barrel version of their beer at Fall River and beer will be entered into national homebrew comp. 3-5 winners will be chosen.

Carolyn had a club member ask for a club contact sheet. Bart talked about sending around an email to entire club asking that if you don’t want your contact info. Out on a general list to respond and we will take it off. When we redo memberships, we will have an updated form for updating contact info. Membership app. Will be handed or emailed out a month before elections.

Becki told us about new checking account with Tri counties. No fees

Taxes need to be filed for our club ASAP. We need someone to head up doing :maintains tax exempt status, Sales tax, IRS filings ect. Maybe we create a board member this for this. We will present this to the club at our meeting for July.

Barrel project will be brought up Tomorrow At meeting.

Meeting ends at 6:36pm


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *